Hi there,

Please consider registering for an account. Registration is free, only takes a minute and will allow you to access members only boards. If you already have an account with us, then click here to login.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 149
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.
Please post your fishing report in the reports section, good or bad.

Author Topic: Plaquemines ordinance requires large fee from out-of-parish hunters  (Read 735 times)

Offline WestwegoManTopic starter

• Tackle Chief
  • Segnette Administrator
  • Segnette Fishing Team
  • Date Registered: May 2008
  • Release in grease!
  • Referrals: 2
    • Bayou State Fishing
  • Boat: Flat
  • Motor: Yamaha
I suppose I just forgot where Buras and Venice are located.

Plaquemines Parish has passed an ordinance that will require sportsmen to pay up to hunt on parish owned land outside levees. Ordinance 18-41, sponsored by Councilman Jeff Edgecombe and passed unanimously on April 26 will put in place, an annual fee that will cost $50 for parish residents and $250 for non-residents.

I doubt there are enough residents in the parish to sustain all the taxes from outdoor sports related activities if we 'outsiders' stop going down there.

First it was the land owners screwing us out of our navigable waters, now it's our local government putting the screws to us on outdoor recreation period.

http://www.fox8live.com/2018/09/09/plaquemines-ordinance-requires-large-fee-out-of-parish-hunters
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the hind end of poachers and may their arms be too short to scratch!!