Hi there,

Please consider registering for an account. Registration is free, only takes a minute and will allow you to access members only boards. If you already have an account with us, then click here to login.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.
Please post your fishing report in the reports section, good or bad.

Author Topic: LPB video on public water access  (Read 704 times)

Offline WestwegoManTopic starter

• Tackle Chief
  • Segnette Administrator
  • Segnette Fishing Team
  • Date Registered: May 2008
  • Respect: +5
  • Release in grease!
  • Referrals: 2
    • Bayou State Fishing
  • Boat: Flat
  • Motor: Yamaha
LPB video on public water access
« on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:37 PM »
A little more on how the word is starting to get out about the issues we fishermen face with the access issue.

That Louisiana Land Owners Association guy, Paul Frey claims that we are jumping on a band wagon and that we need to look at the facts and look at the numbers. I say screw the numbers. It doesn't take a genius to see that the waters I grew up fishing aren't available today. The numbers are down because of our screwed up laws in this state regarding public access. As you can see, his small comment and watching this video only got me more fired up about the situation.

When I see this crap, like in the photo below, it boils my blood. For those that don't know, this photo was taken behind the old Westwego Airport. The gate is courtesy of Marrero Land Co. I grew up fishing this area and now, like many other areas, it is no longer accessible due to greedy land owners.

Geez!! What was supposed to be me making a small post linking the below video has turned into a rant. :D

Is Louisiana a Sportsman’s Paradise or Problem?  For coastal fishermen, private property rights often unduly restrict access to waters that are considered public in any other state.

http://www.lpb.org/index.php/publicsquare/topic/11_17_-_louisiana_sportsmans_paradise_or_problem/
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the hind end of poachers and may their arms be too short to scratch!!